TechCrunch's Hackathon Goes Global
The TechCrunch Disrupt hackathon is going global! Join developers around the world to build great software and compete for cash, tickets to Disrupt, and glory!
- The top 100 teams will be given free Innovator passes to Disrupt SF 2018
- Of those, the top 30, as well as any Sponsor favorites not in the top 30, will be offered a spot in the Hackathon Pit to demo for the public, press, investors, and judges.
- From the demo pit, 10 will be chosen to present on stage, and one winner will earn $10,000 in cash and additional prizes and exposure!
Disrupt SF 2018 will take place September 5 - 7, 2018 in San Francisco, CA.
Note: travel and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the winners. Any semi-finalist who can not travel to Disrupt SF 2018 will forfeit their prize.
Main Requirement: Build functioning software using any developer tools. We encourage you to build with our sponsor APIs!
Submit the following assets:
- A demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo.
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing
How to enter
- Register for the hackathon on Devpost.
- Build any app you want. If you need a place to start, review the sponsor contests and APIs.
- Find a teammate (optional) by reaching out to other developers on the Participants tab or joining the dedicated Slack channel.
- Shoot your demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Provide access to your app to Devpost for judging and testing.
- Submit your application on disruptsf2018.devpost.com by August 2nd, 2018 at 5pm ET for consideration in the hackathon!
Android Platform Technical Lead, Pinterest
VP of Product and User Experience, Color
Head of Products, Cloudflare
Product Manager, Google
Head of Partner Engineering, Slack
Quality of the Idea
(Includes creativity and originality of the idea.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.)
(Includes the extent to which the solution can be widely adopted.)